While evil puffy snowflakes spent Sunday screwing up the roads for Monday morning traffic and halting all Portland Public School business tomorrow, I was researching things I want you to get me for x-mas.
Ok, yes. I do realize this list of totally frivolous things may be, in fact, out of your price range...I just don't care. Seriously. I'm going for it. Get out your Black Card, and let's get on with it, shall we?
eRazor 3 Cordless Shaver Set ($59.96)
I'll just get the cheapest, naughtiest one out of the way first. The rechargeable shaver in this kit is top of the line, and it comes with a pen-sized microtrimmer to keep my delicate areas baby smooth. You know, like behind my knees. Oh, and 10% of all shaver profits are donated to ARPAN in India for those disfigured and burned.
ThinkPad X Series Tablet ($1,844.00)
(Watch the demo)
The following features make this the perfect laptop for me: Multi-touch, multi-function swivel screen tablet laptop. Magnesium-alloy top and bottom covers and a sealed, spill-resistant keyboard. Fingerprint reader. Rubberized end on Digitizer Pen that feels like a real eraser when used. Hook. Me. Up.
Nokia 888 (If you have to ask, you can't afford it)
(Watch the concept video)
This concept cell phone was designed for Nokia Benelux Design Awards by Tamer Nakisci. It runs on liquid batteries, has a flexible touch screen and uses speech recognition technology. It teaches itself based on touch and use. The phone's physical flexibility allows it to be bent into shapes (such as a heart or a squiggly), which you can send to up to 888 Nokia 888 users. This, in turn, makes the cell receiving it make the same shape. That's pretty danged cool, and obviously I deserve it.
So, there you have it. My short list of totally frivolous things I want for x-mas (or else I might cry). Please send me a direct message on twitter if you need my mailing address. Until then, I will sit here and try not to cry.
Thank you, and Happy Holidays!
Move On and Up!
This blog has permanently moved! The posts on this blog have been imported to the website Michelle Rae Anderson: Experiential Writer, Media Ecologist, Pie-Maker
All my best, mediaChick
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Totally frivolous things I want for x-mas (or else I'll cry)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 Tell me you love me:
I want plants. For my garden. And a gigantic Persian rug for my front room. I'm down-to-earth like that.
what about peace on earth?
I haven't gotten to mess with one of those tablet PCs yet, but it sounds like a really neat idea.
I want a pony.
Lolly Rae: Cookies? On a list of totally frivolous things I want for x-mas?? Cookies are a right, not a privilege!
Melissa Lion: Gigantic Persian rugs are good for having sex on. Is that your plan? Because that would be hawt.
Don Park: That's too expensive for even a Black Card.
In Your Water: We are kindred spirits. (About the laptop, not the pony. I can barely take care of myself, for the love of Pete.)
Post a Comment