Move On and Up!

This blog has permanently moved! The posts on this blog have been imported to the website Michelle Rae Anderson: Experiential Writer, Media Ecologist, Pie-Maker

All my best, mediaChick

A serial, multimedia-rich story as experiment in alternative publishing. Written by mediaChick.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry xmas to me! My snowed-in week

Just like everyone else in the Portland-Metropolitan area I have been snowed in for days. I've got more than a foot in the back yard, and even burly trucks with chains are having difficulty navigating down my residential street.

Frankly, it's been paradise. I've always been a cave-dweller, the tendency to stay deep inside the cave is something I crave. Spending hours and hours just thinking, is a wonderful state to be in. It's a dream-inducing drug.

And even though I've missed some very special and highly-anticipated annual holiday parties, haven't finished my x-mas gifts because I've run out of supplies (and can't get to the supplier), and can't get into the office, I have to say it: I love this opportunity to be a hermit.

These past few snowy days I've been working a lot at home, crafting some prose and plotting a project. Cooking meals from scratch and baking goodies. Drinking lots of beer and french press coffee. I've been sewing and embroidering and watching holiday movies. I've been talking to my son, cuddling with the cat and walking the dog in the peaceful snow. I fall asleep early and wake up in the still early morning inspired and rested.

It's been wonderful. I needed it.

While I really am disappointed to miss my friends holiday gatherings, and not getting into the office will ding my pocketbook, I am so thankful for these last few days of creative output and family time. I hope everyone is experiencing the same warm-and-fuzzy holiday spirit we are.




Merry Christmas!








Let's go steady!


4 Tell me you love me:

Betsy said...

Happiest of holidays to you - hope the solitude/silence is refreshing and rejuvenating.

Anonymous said...

merry merry Christmas to you & yours sweetie. Xoxo

Anonymous said...

I too relish the chance to be a hermit, although in my case I can do about half of my job via broadband to my desk, so it wasn't like I have been a total hermit this past two weeks.

Happy Holidays, etc.

Lia Hollander said...

Glad you spent the holiday the way you wanted! Can't wait to see you after the snow melts!

xxxooo